MK-101P is a plethysmometer designed for precise and rapid screening of small rodents for inflammation or edema of the paw. The volume is determined by weight and specific gravity, based on the principle of Archimedes. When the animal paw is dipped into the water in the cell, down to the point pre-marked on the paw, the exact volume of the paw will be displayed. A finger rest enables stable measurement to be made.
Using the DCS-101 Data Collection Software the data obtained can be exported to a personal computer and stored as a CSV file. Printer is available as an optional extra in two types — Thermal and Dot-Impact.
- A surfactant or salt solution is no longer required. Only tap water is good enough.
- An LED digital display shows the exact volume of the paw.
- A finger rest enables stable measurement to be made.
- High resolution volume measurement (RAT:0.01 ml, MOUSE:0.001 ml)
- Zero can be reset at any point.
- Both printer and RS-232C outputs are provided on the rear panel.
- The DCS-101 Data Collection Software is included in the standard system.